Friday, January 11, 2008

I know that it has been awhile and that my faithful blog readers are begging for a new post. I don't have any photos to inspire you with today.

I wanted to talk about my evening last night. Filic went out with the guys. So after I got the kids to bed, I was able to enjoy my nice quiet house. This is something that I love, just listening to nothing. I watched some tv, but wasn't that into it. I surfed the net, yet again was not that into it. I decided to wash my face and exfoliate. I love to use beauty products. I started using Arbonne products at the beginning of December and I am loving them. My skin has never looked so amazing. I have tried other things over the years and they work for a week or so. But it has been a good month now that I have been using the Arbonne and my skin still feels like it did the first time that I used it. Plus I love the packaging. It appeals to me. I will take a picture of it today.

When I put Franklin to bed last night he asked me to read him 'Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel'. He got that book for Christmas. I had never read it. I really liked that story. I thanked Franklin for picking that book. Lately he has been into Richard Scarry books and they take a good half hour to read, if you read all the small comments. I loved the illustrations in the book. I loved the concept of the story. I have been wanting to write a children's book for some time now. I found someone to illustrate it for me. You are probably thinking, "why doesn't she illustrate it herself?", well if any of you have ever drawn a stick figure-that is about my level of drawing skills! ( I am doomed for next semester when I have to take drawing classes) Reading Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel reminded me of the kind of book I want to write. My stories are based on a character that I came up with for Franklin one night. He loved them so much that it became a nightly thing for us.

I am starting my new class today, it is a digital photography class. It is concerned more with commercial work than portaits. I will post the work I do. It is a long class though. Four hours on a Friday-intense. And for those of you who know me well, I am the classic "Lisa Simpson" student. I have to get an A, it has to be the best, etc!! I guess that it will help that the professor and I are friends. I am so excited that I get to study under my mentor. It really is a dream come true. He pushes me to try new things and is constantly teaching me something new. I love that. I love to learn new things. I will let you know how class goes today. I feel like a kid. My stomach is full of butterflies. I am always nervous the first day. Which is crazy at this point in my life and since I know the professor!!

I know that I have rambled on today, but it was good to just "talk" to you all. I will post some pics later today. Have a great Friday.

Cathy

3 comments:

Nikki Cleary said...

How did your class go...I can't wait to hear about it. Kim and I were talking today about taking a photography class...
If we can actually find some time in the next month I would love for you to sit with us and show us some tips for using our cameras and settings...that is if you want to! Hope you have a great weekend.

mama j said...

Now, bring on the pictures. Please! LOL! Thanks for the new blog! Woohoo!

Anonymous said...

I admire you for taking classes with two small children! No wonder you were reatless the other night. SOmetimes that happens to me too, I crave alone time but when I have it I don't know what to do! I think commercial photography would be facinating and am really looking forward to your experience. Have a great weekend! PS, I left Freakanomics at the store for you. Thanks again!
cheers!
amanda