Sunday, January 27, 2008

I am getting a new toy

So, my digital SLR has been acting up lately. I have taken it in for cleaning and a check-up. I was going to take it back in to see what, if anything needed to be repaired. Then I remembered that this camera was made in 2002. I have taken probably 20,000 photos with it since then. They are only good for so many photos. Seriously. I started looking into new digital SLR's and decided to go with Nikon because the lenses from my Fuji would fit. I bought the Nikon D 40x. I ordered it from NY and it should be here soon. I can't wait to play with it. I love getting a new camera and learning all there is about it.






I will keep my Fuji for now. I am really bad about getting rid of things. I get really attached. I have recorded so many memories with my Fuji, I can't just get rid of it. I still have every camera that I have ever owned. And I still go back to them. I will always continue to shoot film. A lot of people think that film cameras are passe. Not me. I am nostalgic. I love the smell when you open a new roll of film, and the excitement when you get to see the results after you get the roll developed. I will always shoot black and white and develop it in the darkroom.

I will post when my new toy arrives.

Cathy

2 comments:

mama j said...

FUN FUN FUN!

Anonymous said...

I have the Nikon D40 (no "x" though). I really like it, but it is my first SLR so I don't have much to compare it to. :)

Amy