Monday, January 14, 2008

Manic Monday

Went up to MCC today to do my first task as Art Club President-layout a student art book. This was supposed to have been done last year and wasn't. We have the money to produce an art book from the student art show last year and don't want to lose it. So I stepped in. (I know what some of you are thinking) I did not realize how much work goes into laying out an art book or any book for that matter. I was thankful that I only had 22 or 23 peices to work with. I have some art books that have several hundred peices shown. I also had to come up with what the inside flaps would say, etc. I have to say that I got it done. I left it as is for now. I will look at it again on Friday when I am up there for my class, so that I have a fresh perspective. Then I will order it. I look at it this way, I got to "practice" on last year's book before making this years book! The student show is in April and I will be making another book from that show.

Made lasagna for Filic tonight, per Franklin's request. Wasn't really paying attention to what I was doing. I was multitasking, as I always do, when I realized that I forgot to put the cheese between all the layers. I loaded the top up with cheese in hopes that it will melt down into the rest. I was thinking ahead and trying to get dinner in the oven while Grace is sleeping and Franklin was having some quiet time. I guess that is what I get right! I even decided what I am making for dinner tomorrow night. I am really trying to get better about that. I usually decide last minute what I am going to make.

Grace starts gymnastics tomorrow morning. She will be with the sibling of one of Franklin's classmates. We decided to sign them up together in order to give them some time with other kids. Franklin and his classmate (don't want to use her name here, for safety) take gymnastics together on Wednesday afternoons. I bought her a gymnastics leotard, and can't wait to take a picture of her in it. She is really into jumping and doing summersaults so I think that she will enjoy this. I guess I will know tomorrow.

I still haven't shot anything for my photography assignment. I will probably try to go out and shoot later today or maybe tomorrow.

Hope you are all having a great Monday,
Cathy

2 comments:

mama j said...

I told you--I have your curves--now w/ funk all over them! LOL!

How was gymn.? Can't wait to hear all about it! Hope to see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Drew at gymnastics for the first time.... It was then that I realized something was slightly just off. I hope it is a blast for you! Girls in leotards, so much fun!
amanda