Saturday, June 07, 2008

I've been a busy little bee

We were in need of a enclosure for our trash cans to keep the racoons out.
Here is the area that I started with. I had to remove two star jasmine plants.
I even dug up the roots.








Here are two of the posts that I put in. I used a post hole digger to
dig 2 foot holes for the 4 x 4's.









Here are the 4 4x4's in the ground and the first lattice nailed in.









Here is everything almost done. Both lattice's are up on the sides. I built the front part
on the driveway and moved it over. I need to finish the front and install the hinges. I also
need to trim the top foot or so off the lattice on the sides. I am going to borrow my friends
jigsaw today to get that finished.







I am feeling great about myself that I was able to build this. And I did it while watching 3 kids! I only ended up with one blister. The only other time I built something was a dog house. I was about 13 or 14 at the time, and my mom and I decided to try and build a dog house. Needless to say, my dad rebuilt the dog house. Well, my Dad saw this last night and was really impressed with my work. And to think that I did it all by myself without the input of anyone!





Here is a picture of the wood all piled up before I started:





Here is a picture of Franklin with the wood:


He was very excited about this project. A very big helper. That hammer that you see in the
picture is plastic. But he ran right inside and brought it out because he wanted to help. After
this was taken he lost the hammer and we still can not find it!

1 comment:

mama j said...

Oh my WORD-you crack me up! Isn't this why we marry men???? LOLOLOL!