Friday, June 13, 2008

greetings from san diego

What a long day we had yesterday. We were out of the house headed to the airport by 8:30 am FL time. We got our luggage and car seats checked in and then headed over to the I mall. I had a bracelet from the lucky jeans store that just broke last weekend that I needed to take back. When it came time to get on the plane, we were some of the last ones and no one was willing to move so we could sit together. Thank goodness franklin had a seat of his own. We finally were able to get two seats together for franklin and I. Grace was with filic about 10 rows up. She was screaming, so I went and got her. So for take off I had both kids and did until franklin had to go to the bathroom. Franklin did really well on the flight. He watched the shows that I had put on my ipod. He colored. Had a snack. He fell asleep right before we landed, which was a blessing because there was quite a bit of turbulance. We switched planes in denver. And finally got to san diego 7:30 FL time. Grace and I grabbed the bags and her carseat while the two men went to take care of the rental car. I must have appeared like a damsel in distress because every man that saw me with the stroller, bags and car seat wanted to help out. I would decline politefully, and tell them that this is nothing. I would tell them that I usually have two kids and two car seats!

Once we were all at the rental car agency we headed to ocean beach to drop off our bags and then it was off to dinner. After dinner we picked up some milk etc. By the time we got the kids to bed it was midnight FL time. And surprising they were well behaved.

They were up at 4 am CA time today. We went for breakfast at Denny's and then took them to the beach. We are in the car almost to legoland right now and the two kids are asleep and have been for awhile. I have never been to legoland, but evetone says that it is amzing and a must see. I will let you know.

For now, I leave you. I will try to update my blog often. By the way, I am typing this post out on my cell phone!

1 comment:

mama j said...

Can't wait to hear all about it! And I can't believe they were up by 4 a.m.--but, that means they went to be at what, 8 or 9 Cali time? That's still early! Geepers!