Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I am so

exhausted! I have been volunteering at my friend Jessi's church and their Vacation Bible School program this week. I volunteer so that both Franklin and Grace are able to attend. We did this for the week last summer too. Her church does such a great job. I always loved VBS when I was a kid. Because I spent the majority of the summer with my grandparents on the other coast I was able to do two different VBS weeks. Loved it! Anyway, I was under the impression that I was just going to be an extra body in one of the rooms. Not the case. I am leading the talks, activities in the theatre. After the opening ceremonies each morning, the groups rotate stations. The station where I am is called Cinema. We show a short video (5-7 minutes) that is part of a series, it picks up each day where the previous day left off. Then I talk about the video and get the kids to talk/think about the message. We do an experiment or a game and then it is usually time for them to rotate to the next station. My last group leaves the room at 11:30. I go and pick up Franklin and Grace from their teachers and head home.

I am just exhausted. I am leaving for San Diego on Thursday morning for 6 days. The kids are really excited to go on a plane. I am dreading the packing that I have to do tomorrow afternoon. Blah.

I will write more tomorrow. Right now, it is off to bed for me.

Good night,
Cathy

No comments: