Saturday, June 14, 2008

good intentions...bad things

I had good intentions of posting today all about Legoland and including some pics. But alas, that is not what I can post about right now.

It is 5:30 am here in Ocean Beach, California. I have been up for about an hour now. Why...did the kids wake up? No. Someone was trying to break into the house that we are renting. The person(s) were outside the bedroom window. Tried to tell myself that it was an animal-maybe a mountain lion. It sounded large. There was more rustling. Thought that maybe it was a bum trying to find a spot to sleep. Then came some banging. I told Filic to call the police. He went into the front room and called. But they heard him and started to throw rocks at the window. At which point I went into the front room. Then the person(s) was on the roof. Ran towards the front of the house, circled around. And then ran towards the back of the house and away by the time that the police showed up. Needless to say, I could not go back to sleep. I am in the midst of getting all of our things packed up. The plan is to either find a hotel that has a room available (the US Open is in town, so there are not many hotels in the area with availabilty) or stay with our friends here (but they only have one guest room and two other people staying with them). There is no way to stay here. The person(s) who were here, are angry now. I fear for our safety. Thankfully, the kids slept through the whole thing. That is the last thing that I need, them being afraid to sleep. I have already started to pack things up. I want to be out of here as soon as possible.

Heading to the zoo today. And maybe Sea World. The rumor is that there is an opportunity to feed the emperor penguins at one of these locations if you answer the trivia question correctly. I really want to win!!! Who knows what else will be in store for today.

Stay tuned for the next chapter of Ocean Beach Vacation...

Cathy

1 comment:

mama j said...

OKay-that's freaky! Did ya'll have any luck? I would've stayed--b/c we would've been in the mental state of "who would be stupid enough to come BACK, now that the cops have been here and are patrolling the neighborhood?" Still, freaky.....I would've SCREAMED...so, good for you, for keeping your cool!

Did F. have a great time at the US Open? OMG-I heard D. hooting and hollering about Tiger, last night around 9 p.m. our time....must've been good.

Can't wait to hear about Legoland, the zoo, etc. Golf stuff can wait....LOL!