Tuesday, February 19, 2008

the misadventures of me

Last week was an odd week for me. It seemed like a lot was going wrong. Let me explain...

One night I was making the kids chocolate milk (I make it at night since they wake up before the sun) and went to grab the large can of Ovaltine out of the pantry. Apparently the lid was not on properly because it came off and Ovaltine went everywhere. I was cleaning it up and trying to keep Grace out of it. So then I put the Ovaltine in the kids cups and manage to knock one of them over and onto the floor. Spill number two. Clean that one up. Filic told me I needed to put myself in timeout. I aggreed.

Friday comes. I am watching my friends dog Baily and guinea pig Tootsie. No problems. Well, I have to watch my parents dog Penny starting Friday. As it turns out, Bailey does not like other dogs at all. So I put Bailey in my bedroom. Penny then starts to bark/bother Tootsie. So Penny goes in the bathroom. Since this is no way to live for the weekend I decide to take Penny and stay in Venice at my parents house. Saturday morning comes.... I take the dog out and go back inside. Realize that I left my clothes in the car. I shut the door and go to get them. Well, my parents have a door that locks itself (a security measure!) and I am locked out. My wallet, cell phone, everything are inside-with the dog. I walk around the house to see if another door is unlocked. No. Then walk around and look at all of the windows. All locked. It has been about twenty minutes. I decide to check the windows again. There is a window unlocked. Unfortunately is it five feet off the ground. Did I mention that I am in my pajamas. So I hoist myself up and I am trying to get through the window. I have to move things out of the way as I do this, because I don't want to break anything. Finally back in the house. I quickly get dressed and go in search of coffee. I had to work on Saturday too. It was my last day at K2. All I could think about as I was breaking and entering my parents house was the cops showing up and seeing me. I even had a conversation in my head about what I would say if it happened. ( crazy, I know!) I would tell them that I lived there as a kid and that if they just let me get inside I would show them all of my childhood pictures and my wallet that are inside. Luckily I did not have to have that conversation. But let me just say that I am not that flexible. I could never be a cat burgler.

(And by the way, this is the second time I have typed this post this morning. I accidently erased it the first time I typed it out)

I had taken a picture of the Ovaltine spill but I can't seem to find it. And I couldn't take a picture of me breaking and entering because, alas my camera was inside too!

Cathy

1 comment:

mama j said...

All I can do, is laugh....again, since I already laughed on Saturday! this would be that "dumb Bowditch luck" I was telling you about....am I rubbing off on you?