Friday, February 08, 2008

Grace started school!

My "baby Grace", as we call her, started school this week. She goes two days a week-Tuesday and Thrusday. She is loving it already. She has the staff of the entire school in her charms. They all were checking in on her, making sure that she was transitioning okay. I am talking Principal, Franklin's teacher, other teachers. How do I know this, because they all came to tell me while I was waiting to pick her up on Tuesday. I was able to peek into her room as they were finishing their lunches. It was so cute to see all the kids sitting at the table eating. It was like a dinner party for toddlers. The teacher was singing and using props. So cute. There was no crying on Tuesday. I thought there may be a little yesterday, but there was none again. I have been told to bring several changes of clothes for her though, as she really likes to play in the sink. She soaked herself twice yesterday. She tells me more about her day at school than Franklin ever has. She is growing up. Loves school. It is obvious that she was more than ready to start. I think she would be happy going 5 days a week, but there was no opening for that.





Here are some pictures. The first is her walking on the sidewalk and the second is of her in her classroom.






2 comments:

mama j said...

Can I just squeeze her until she pops, please? TOOOOOOO Sweet!! So, when are we gonna get together to scrap these? LOL! I know, I know!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.