Monday, June 11, 2007

Latest photography assignment and Challenge

Here is the photography assignment that I did last week. Grace had been sick, so I did not get a chance to get out and shoot what I had planned. Instead I was forced to get creative with everyday things and use photoshop. I manipulated the original color of these images and put four images together to do a color study in the style of Andy Warhol. Hope you have fun looking at these images.



This is image 1, these are pods that children can walk along at Potter park. Their original color is blue and then of course the mulch is brown!


This is also at Potter Park. This is one of the ways that kids can climb up onto one of the peices of equipment. This goes to show you that there are things that you come across in your daily life than can be turned into art.



This is at Epcot in the UK. The original color of this phone booth was red. How fun would it be if phone booths really looked like this. Maybe more people would want to use them!


This is at Animal Kingdom. In the Dino World area, there is a Apatosaurus bridge that you walk across to get to where you can dig for dinosaur bones. I loved the look of it and thought it would be a great picture for Franklin's room. After changing the color, I like it even more!
Lets see what items in your daily life you can turn into art. I will give you a week to take some pictures, manipulate them and either email them to me or post them on your blog and leave me a comment. I will have a prize for the winner, so get out there and get creative!
Have a great Monday!
Cathy














2 comments:

mama j said...

Those are PHENOMINAL!!!!!! I may get you to print me one of each for the classroom this fall.....that would be cool "visuals".....GREAT JOB! I know it took you SO much time!!

LOL!

Nikki Cleary said...

these photos are really cool.
i really got a chance to look at them unlike the other night over your shoulder.
A++++ (if I was grading you :))