Saturday, September 22, 2007

Suprise for me!!

You will never guess what I had to deal with today at 6 am. The kids have been wanting to "help" around the house a lot lately and I have been letting them if I have time to "fix" it. Well, this morning at 6 am I was getting ready to do some more laundry. I opened the washer to put the last load in the dryer and found that a pull-up had been put in the washer as well. AARRGGHH! So I had to shake out all the clothes and wipe out the washer. Thank goodness for the front loading washer because I can see myself climbing in the top loader! Nice visual, right. If you have never had to do this, it is not fun. The pull-up explodes and the gel gets everywhere. As I am writing this I am rewashing that load of laundry. It definitely needed it after all that. In the last few weeks many of Franklin's cars have gone through the laundry courtesy of Grace. She is fascinated with putting things in the washer. I guess that from now on I will have to check what is actually in the washer before I start it!

Today I start my first day back to work. I haven't had a job outside the house since 2002. I am working part-time at K2. I am so excited to start. I trained all day on Tuesday and loved it. So if you are free today at any point come in and say "hi" to me.

Have a great Saturday,
Cathy

3 comments:

mama j said...

I hope to stop by to say "hi."

OMG re: the washer.....I have to check the dryer often, b/c Mac likes to put things in there too! I hate any "innards" of diapers/pullups, so I'm sure that was a nice "wake up" call this a.m. So sorry!!!

R U getting Xcited re: Tues? I am! Wooohoo!

Patricia8 said...

You don't have any pets do you?!

I'll bring "The Quickie" and "A thousand splendid suns" next weekend - I'd like to read the "Veil of Roses" if you still have it.

See you Tuesday... unless you are too busy being hounded by paparazzi!

Anonymous said...

Love the washer story. Sounds like my house! I am so happy that you are working at K2! I can't wait to hear about Tuesday night. Let's set up a "gallery showing date" for me this weekend. :)
Amy