Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Today is the day!!!!!

I am so excited, the butterflies in my stomache are all aflutter! Spent last night doing some pampering to insure that I would look radient in all the photos that are going to be taken of me today. I honestly feel as though I am getting ready for my wedding all over again. After I drop Franklin off at school this morning I am off to the salon to have my hair colored, cut and styled and a mani/pedi.

The kids did not seem to know what an important day today is for mommy. They woke up at 5:45 this morning. I am a bit tired to say the least. Franklin has a big day today, his first field trip! I have his school shirt sitting here on my lap, ready for him to wear today. They are taking the kids to the fire station. All the children in his class are obsessed with firetrucks and emergencies and play pretend emergency several times a week. Gracie is going to her first story time at the library today with Flannery. I think that she will really enjoy it, today's theme is "farms" and she loves animals especially cows!

So I am enjoying my coffee this morning and blogging to you all to calm my nerves. I don't think that I will have too much time this morning to focus on them. I have to pack Franklin's lunch, set out their clothes for tonight, prepare snacks and goody bags for them for tonight, make sure I have everything I need for tonight, make sure I know what Filic is wearing for tonight and that it is ironed, write my speech (uuugghhh!!), etc. Yet I can't seem to tear myself away from this post. I think that I am delaying!! haha

Have a great day everyone. I think that I will!! (wink, wink)
I hope to post some photos tomorrow of the excitement that will ensue.

Cheers,
Cathy

2 comments:

Patricia8 said...

Well you didn't seem nervous to me! - you looked cool and totally in control - spoke beautifully and the dress ... fantastic! (I forgot to look at your shoes!). You must feel so proud seeing your wonderful photographs on display along the halls of the new Art and Design building at MCC and your name above the door of the darkroom. So glad I made it to see it all. Thanks.

Patricia8 said...

ps - think I got some photos of you on the podium but I have to admit I felt rather self conscious and slightly intimidated sitting next to your professor!