Thursday, April 19, 2007

New Inspiration...

So yesterday I spent the afternoon with my old photography professor, Drew to learn how to use a twin lens medium format camera. It is completely manual. After a brief demonstration, we headed outside and I gave it a shot (literally). I took some pictures of Drew while we were chatting because I like to take natural photos, not posed ones. Then it was off to the dark room to develop the film. Mind you, I haven't done this since I first found out I was pregnant with Franklin. Actually, that is one of the ways I knew I was pregnant. I was developing film one day and was blown away by the smell of the chemicals. It had never bothered me before. Anyway, it took me a bit to get back into the hang of it but I managed to get the film developed. The shots I took were actually good. I had not planned on getting anything good from this since it was my test roll to learn how to use the camera and try developing the film. I am thrilled that it came so easy to me.

This morning I am off to Myakka State Park to shoot some more film. I have found a new inspiration in this camera and can't wait to see what comes of it.

Here are some pictures of what the camera looks like and a picture of the contact sheet I made of the roll I shot yesterday.



My favorite shot is on the bottom left of his hands.

Have a great day, and take some pictures!

Cathy

1 comment:

mama j said...

So, how was your morning? I BET it was 100% more fun and relaxing than mine! LOL! Can't wait to hear all about it!!