Saturday, April 07, 2007

Buttons galore!

Whenever I scrapbook with Nikki at K2, I am envious of her button collection. I had been looking all over town to find some buttons to start my collection, and was not happy with what was out there. I decided to try eBay, and I found the best deal ever.


The seller said that there were about 800 buttons in assorted colors. I paid $11 with shipping. The buttons arrived last night and my nieces Maya (she is 9) and Nina, and I decided to make predictions and then count the buttons together to give my younger niece, Nina (she is 6) some extra credit for her math packet. We found out there were 1,257 buttons in the bag! We could not believe the number of buttons we were looking at. Nina asked if she could keep some buttons as her "prize" for helping to count. I was more than happy to give up a few. Nina decided to make a bracelet out of her new buttons. Here are some pictures of the buttons, Nina's bracelet and Nina.





Today Franklin came up to me and asked to play the button game again. He had watched us counting the buttons last night and was fascinated by the whole thing. We let him play with a handful of buttons and he sorted them by size and then sorted them by color. Who knew a bag of buttons would provide such entertainment for three children!

I am already planning out some pages in my head to start using all of these buttons. If anyone is in need of some buttons, just let me know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! we also just got in a lot of buttons at the store too. You will have to add to your already, "Nikkish" stash! :)

Amy

mama j said...

Oh, you know I already want some!! Any color or size....I was actually going to email and ask you if they had arrived! Hope you had a fun weekend--we're pooped!! I'll prob. call you tomorrow!

Nikki Cleary said...

ohhh, now i am jealous
Nikki