Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Spoiled

We are definately spoiled here at my house. Our tivo recorder has all of the kids favorite shows and lots of them. When they wake up before the rest of the world, I can put on something they like. Until today. Direct tv upgraded our tivo/reciever box yesterday afternoon. I explained to the kids that they had to watch live tv this morning. Franklin is okay with it, but Grace does not understand why Diego isn't on at this hour!


this is what our new one looks like


Filic and I spent over an hour last night programming in all of the kids shows and ours too. In this day and age, shouldn't there be a way for them to transfer all of that information over. Plus, I can't even remember all of the shows that we have set to record. I am just happy that we own our old box and will be able to hook it up to another tv and watch/record all of the stuff from it. There is one series in particular that I really want to watch. It was on the Ovation channel a few weeks ago, it is called The Genius of Photography. It is all about some of the most famous photographers and how photography has changed the world and our lives. It is very reminesicent of my History of Photography class from last semester.

I am sure if I sat down and really thought about it, there are many more ways that we are spoiled. But I don't want to put myself in a bad mood this early into my day!

Cathy

1 comment:

mama j said...

Okay...bummer?????? You ARE spoiled...little BRAT! (Just KIDDING.....) And if that's your biggest complaint of the day--you're awesome! LOL! But, I totally understand being in your "groove" and then BAM--something changes that and it's just hard to explain to kids and then you have to be creative and come up w/ plan b or c or d.....