Thursday, August 02, 2007

I love this place...



My favorite place to be, other than with my kids and husband, is New York. I love all the lights, sounds, people, things to do, etc. I took this picture from the steps of the New York Public Library main location at 5th Avenue and 42nd Street. The red streaks that you see in the photo are cars. This is a long exposure, that is how you only see the lights of the cars and not the cars themselves. I love to do this kind of night photography.

Have a great day,
Cathy

2 comments:

Patricia8 said...

Love the photo - at first glance it looks deserted till you see the lines of the car light - did you take tripod or just balance it somewhere? and how long was the exposure? - keep giving us photo hints!

Nikki Cleary said...

great photo!

you have been tagged by me, go to my blog to see what you have to do!! :)